Blog

WHY EAT BEETS? TOP 6 VERY GOOD REASON February 26 2016

1. Lower Your Blood Pressure Drinking beet juice may help to lower blood pressure in a matter of hours. One study found that drinking one glass of beet juice lowered systolic blood pressure by an average of 4-5 points. The benefit likely comes from the naturally occurring nitrates in beets, which are converted into nitric oxide in your body. Nitric oxide, in turn, helps to relax and dilate your blood vessels, improving...

TOP FOODS FOR A BETER BRAIN February 24 2016

Top Foods for a Better Brain Better memory, test scores, and mood are all just a forkful away—if you pack your plate with the best brain-boosting foods. Let natural compounds in delicious foods act as the first line of brain-health defense, clearing your body of cancer-promoting free radicals, pesticides, and plasticizers while nurturing neurotransmitter health and chasing away depression.  And remember—when it comes to choosing these foods, go the organic...

TOP 10 REASONS TO SUPPORT ORGANIC FARMING June 26 2015

Top 10 Reasons to Support Organic Farming Source: Alan Greene, MD (Organic Trade Association), Bob Scowcroft(Organic Farming Research Foundation), Sylvia Tawse (Fresh Ideas Group) 1. Reduce The Toxic Load: Keep Chemicals Out of the Air, Water, Soil and our BodiesBuying organic food promotes a less toxic environment for all living things. With only 0.5 percent of crop and pasture land in organic, according to USDA that leaves 99.5 percent of farm...

MAKE FRUIT YOUR FAST FOOD THIS SUMMER! June 06 2015

SUMMER IS HERE!  With it, comes a new variety of beautiful and naturally delicious fruits: peaches, nectarines, plums, blueberries, cherries, grapes, melons, and apricots.   Fruits are the best summer fast foods!  In addition to all of the positive qualities they possess - all natural, low in calories, high in essential vitamins, phytochemicals, nutrients and fiber that our bodies need, and extra hydration during these hot summer days, it is...

HEALTH BENEFITS OF ORGANIC BERRIES April 18 2015

DID YOU KNOW? BERRIES are powerful little packets of vitamins, minerals & fiber. A cup of sliced strawberries contains a whole day's requirement for vitamin C. A cup of raspberries supplies a third of our daily niacin needs. Blueberries & strawberries are even surprisingly good sources of vitamin E & they all contain between 4 & 9 grams of fiber per cup.   Many of the phytonutrients in beries (such...

HEALTH BENEFITS OF CELERY November 15 2014

Health Benefits of Celery There are a wealth of health benefits of celery that many people are not aware of, including the fact that celery is rich in vitamin C, it lowers cholesterol, prevents cancer, manages pain from arthritis, helps weight loss attempts, detoxifies the body, reduces high blood pressure, and promotes overall health in a vast number of ways. Nutritional Value of Celery Celery contains minerals such as calcium,...

EAT A RAINBOW OF REAL FOOD EVERY DAY October 10 2014

        Diet is a very important cancer-fighting tool. Color is one of the best indicators of a food’s health benefits. Foods within each color group have properties that target specific cancers. When you eat all the colors, you are working far more disease-combating nutrients and vitamins into your meal.  It is important to "Eat A Rainbow" of foods everyday! Red Foods Fight: Pancreatic and ovarian cancers Tomatoes have been shown to...

How do Blueberries Affect Your Health? June 21 2014

You know blueberries are delicious, but did you know just how good they are for your health?  They are nutritional powerhouses - here is proof.  Avoid non-organic berries to avoid harmful pesticide exposure, and always eat  / stock up on them when they are in season.   Blueberries have been cultivated in the US for hundreds of years. One of the first meals Lewis and Clark had with the Native...

Health Benefits of Raw Garlic December 07 2013

DID YOU KNOW? Garlic (Allium sativum L.)  is part of the lily family and it’s medicinal use dates back to 4000 BC.  It grows well in nearly every climate, so it is known throughout the world.   Hippocrates, the founder of western medicine, used garlic in some cancer treatments.   In ancient Egypt garlic was valued as a general health tonic and sometimes even used as currency.   Later in the middle ages,...
  • Visa
  • MasterCard
  • Amex
  • PayPal